David Kendrick was the fourth drummer for DEVO, replacing Alan Myers.
David Kendrick was a member of the Los Angeles new wave band Bates Motel with Leslie Bohem. Kendrick and Bohem were recruited to join the band Sparks and performed with them from 1981 through 1985, recording three albums. While members of Sparks, Kendrick and Bohem formed the side project Gleaming Spires with members of the Sparks backing band and had a hit with the single Are You Ready for the Sex Girls? from their 1981 album Songs of the Gleaming Spires. Gleaming Spires broke up in 1985, around the same time as the dissolution of the Sparks line-up.
David Kendrick joined DEVO in 1987, and recorded songs with the band for the film Slaughterhouse Rock. He performed on the albums Total DEVO and Smooth Noodle Maps, as well as playing live with the band on their shows from 1988 to 1991 and occasionally thereafter (Josh Freese became the main live drummer for DEVO in 1996.)
David has also played on DEVO recordings made after 1990. alt.fan.devo post 2005-08-18 07:25:42 UTC
Following the 1991 breakup of DEVO, David Kendrick worked briefly for Mutato Muzika. David worked with singer Andy Prieboy in the rock musical "White Trash Wins Lotto," and with Stan Ridgway 1 in a 2006 Wall of Voodoo performance. (They all played together on Ridgway's release Shine (Red Bead Follows Blue) 2.)
David was brought in on occasion to perform live when Freese was unavailable, such as the 2003 tour of Japan and the 2004 Run Hit Wonder performances.
David is a founding member of the band Empire of Fun.
- Drums, Percussion
- Gear has included drums by Ludwig and Pearl, and cymbals by Zildjian and Paiste. Dave uses size 5B drum sticks.
- See: "David on His Gear With Sparks"
- select discography
- Whomp That Sucker
- Angst In My Pants
- Outer Space
- Pulling Rabbits Out Of A Hat
- Profile: The Ultimate Sparks Collection (compilation)
- Heaven Collection (compilation)
- The Hell Collection (compilation)
- New Music for Amnesiacs: The Ultimate Collection (compilation)
- Songs Of The Spires
- Life Out On The Lawn 12"
- Walk On Well Lighted Streets
- Funk For Children / Party EP
- Welcoming A New Ice Age
- The Future Looks Brightest - Rarities and Orphans Volume 1 (Posh Boy Records compilation)
- Dave wrote the album track "All Night Party," which is also on the "Revenge of the Nerds" soundtrack album.
- Dave wrote the album track "Are You Ready for the Sex Girls?," which is on the "Revenge of the Nerds" soundtrack album and is included in compilations such as "Just Can't Get Enough: New Wave Hits of the 80's, Vol. 3," "Strip Jointz Rocks: Rock N' Roll for Sexy Dancers," and is on both "Rodney on the ROQ, Vol. 2," and "The Best of Rodney on the ROQ," featuring KROQ DJ Rodney Bingenheimer. Jeff Olner of The Nuns is sometimes listed as co-writer of this track.
- The Blue Head
- Classics of Enduring Elegance
- It looks like Today Outside
- PRIMARILY, The Empire Of Fun Box Set (compilation)
- Crime, Memory and Loss
- CANdYPIE 2000
- "I'm sorry Mr. Kendrick, there's a skull inside your head" 
- select videography
- How To Get Girls Through Hypnotism
- Are You Ready For The Sex Girls?
- A Christian Girl's Problem
- Funk For Children
- The Complete Truth About De-Evolution
- Disco Dancer
- Post Post-Modern Man
- Post Post-Modern Man (Rocky Schenck remix)
- Live In The Land Of The Rising Sun
- - Live Performance plus appearance in bonus features, including:
- "David Kendrick Speaks"
- ↑ Booji Boys Basement. © 2005. "Oh, No! It's the DEVOtional! Time Out for Fun - 2005." By Alex Brunelle.
- ↑ theempireoffun com/content.html "despot" (select link to Despot Records page).
- David Kendrick Artist - Discography -- Discogs
- David Kendrick Person - Overview -- MusicBrainz
- David Kendrick Credits -- AllMusic
- David Kendrick Filmography -- IMDb