Jungle Jim was a character performed by Jim Mothersbaugh
Jungle Jim appeared with three other DEVO personas in at least three confirmed shows in 1975
- 1975-04-04 "Boogie Boy, China Man, Jungle Jim, & The Clown" perform before two consecutive showings of the film "Pink Flamingos" directed by John Waters 
- 1975-09-31 "Booji Boy, The Clown, Jungle Jim and The Chinaman"  wore blue worksuits at the WHK Auditorium (WMMS-FM Halloween Party), Cleveland, OH 
- The name "Jungle Jim" is a homophone of "jungle gym" (ie. monkey bars), with Jim being a heterograph of "gym"
- ↑ Daily Kent Stater 4 April 1975. Page 9 Advertisements. "DEVO (The De-evolution Band) 'How LOW can you go!" featuring Boogie Boy, China Man, Jungle Jim, & The Clown" KSU library online archive.
- ↑ Punk Diary, 1970-1979: The Ultimate Complete Day-By-Day Reference Guide to Punk by George Gimarc (1994). "They come out in their costumes as Booji Boy, The Clown, Jungle Jim and The Chinaman. In the liner notes to the 1992 Ryko CD release 'The Mongoloid Years,' Mark remembers, 'using homemade electronic drums, and a mini-moog, a clavinet, a customized lobotomized Hagstrom guitar, and bass, we proceed to torture stoned urban hippies with 'performance art' way before that label even existed..."
- ↑ Devo Live Guide 1973 to 1977