Demo Name: The Day My Baby Gave Me A Surprise (demo)
Appears On: Recombo DNA
Run Time: 3:32
Year Released: 1990
Trivia / Info:
- Demo made during the late 1978 to early 1979 Duty Now For The Future album recording sessions
- "Surprize" or "Surprise" are used in different releases of this song.
- This song is named "The Day My Baby Gave Me a Surprise" on the demo release and on the music video. The spelling "surprise" is also used on some international printings. It is used on the Virgin album printings and on the WEA Discos Ltda. album printing for Brazil. It is used on the Australian WB single for "Working In The Coal Mine"(45cat.com/record/wb0529 )
- The spelling "surprize" is used on the original WB album, promotional single, and single release. It is used on the Virgin single pressing. (images.45cat.com/devo-the-day-my-baby-gave-me-a-surprise-1979.jpg ) It is used worldwide on the cover artwork of the single, but while the German single has that cover, it's label is printed with "surprise." (45cat.com/record/100676 )
- Spelled with the word "surprise" on the Recombo DNA tracklist, but spelled with "surprize" when listed in the CD booklet. A photograph of the demo sleeve is included on both the CD's booklet and the fold-out poster. It reveals the original title to be "The Day My Baby Gave Me A Surprize."
See Also: The Day My Baby Gave Me A Surprize (single/album version)